Did your BGP crash today?

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Sat Aug 28 09:12:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 09:22:34AM +0100, Thomas Mangin wrote:
> On 28 Aug 2010, at 08:56, Randy Bush wrote:
>
> > imiho, researchers injecting data into the control plane are responsible
> > to have tested it at least against major bgp speakers.  and, considering
> > its placement in the net (big core), i consider ios xr to be a major
> > speaker.
> >
> > i suspect that these folk will test better next time.  i sure hope so.
>
> Not sure the researcher can afford to buy a ios xr and may not have access to one !
>
> Thomas

	while this is undoubtedly true for hobbiest researchers, there are
	pretty good relationships between vendors and some research facilities
	with a strong interst in ensuring there is external review of the
	code base(es).

	(I am personally aware of at least five such facilities...:)

	hence I am going to have to echo Randys sentiments.  This was just
	sloppy.

--bill