sort by agony

Callum Finlayson callum.finlayson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 08:33:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Michael J McCafferty
<mike at m5computersecurity.com> wrote:
> For kicks, I looked at the most agonizing trip options... I chose a trip
> from San Diego to New York City... the worst were:
>
> 1) Tijuana to Mexico City, 16hr hour layover, then to Newark NJ and cost
> over $1k.
>
> 2) Tijuana to Guadalajara for an 8hr layover, then to Atlanta for a
> 1.5hr layover to New York LGA.

Made all the more agonizing when you arrive in NY and customs express
interest in your decission to stop over south of the border for a
couple of hours.

As others have said -- agony's a nice idea, but the real value gets
added when you can weight the elements according to your personal
preferences (and the site can then capture how people choose to weight
various inconveniences in order to (i) improve their own algorithms,
and (ii) sell on to other interested parties).