Should routers send redirects by default?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Tue Aug 24 20:31:48 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 01:02:49PM -0700, David W. Hankins wrote:
> will ultimately be cleaned.  If the destination is reused later,

Ah, I forgot to complete this thought in editing.

If packets are sent to the destination later (after a cache entry is
expired) the host obviously starts over as if there was no redirection.
In this way, changes in topology are ultimately discovered, whether
the redirection changes or is no longer needed.

--
David W. Hankins	BIND 10 needs more DHCP voices.
Software Engineer		There just aren't enough in our heads.