Monitoring Tools

Mike Gatti ekim.ittag at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 19:59:09 UTC 2010

Looking at ZenOSS to compliment our OpenView NNM system.
So far has been pretty simple to get up and running and the
support community is pretty responsive to questions.

We have cacti in our environment and it works great for pulling
bandwidth, CPU, interface errors, mem utilization. the reportit plugin
in particular is great for reporting bandwidth utilization for business hours.

--
Mike

On Aug 19, 2010, at 3:03 PM, Scott Berkman wrote:

> The last time I looked, my main issue with Zabbix was that it required (or
> greatly preferred) their proprietary agent on every host.  This may have
> changed.
>
> 	-Scott

Michael Gatti
cell.703.347.4412