Monitoring Tools

Scott Berkman scott at sberkman.net
Thu Aug 19 14:37:11 UTC 2010

I'd recommend ZenOSS.

	-Scott

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Bates [mailto:jbates at brightok.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:47 AM
To: jacob miller
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Monitoring Tools

jacob miller wrote:
> Phil,
>
> Am looking for availability reports,bandwidth usage,alerting service and
ability to create different logins to users so they can access diff objects

For all in one, OpenNMS does decent and may meet your needs. We often
utilize a mixture of tools and modify for working with what we want. My
only issue with OpenNMS was that it's java and I don't care to add java
to the list of languages I program in. My only complaint was it could
get really weird when you have 3,000 unnumbered interfaces. :)

Jack