Lightly used IP addresses

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Aug 16 15:01:10 UTC 2010

Joe -

  Excellent question, and one which I know is getting
  some public policy attention.  There is a session at
  upcoming Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in
  Vilnius <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/index.php/component/chronocontact/?chronoformname=WSProposals2010View&wspid=158>
  specifically covering some of these issues.

  I also believe that some of the IETF sidr working group folks
  have noted the need for local policy support so that ISPs can
  decide to trust routes, even if not verifiable from their configured
  Trust Anchor.  This is probably an essential control for most
  ISPs to have, even if never needed.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO