Lightly used IP addresses

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sun Aug 15 19:03:02 UTC 2010

On Aug 15, 2010, at 11:14 AM, William Herrin wrote:

> Unfortunately, the LRSA contains another price which I personally
> consider too high: voluntary termination revokes the IP addresses
> instead of restoring the pre-contract status quo. Without that
> balancing check to the contract, I think a steady creep in what ARIN
> requires of the signatory is inevitable... and the affirmative actions
> ARIN can require the registrant to perform in order to maintain the
> contract are nearly unlimited.

Bill -

 Voluntary termination because ARIN is in breach results in pre-contract
 status quo, otherwise you are correct.  Changing this would be a useful
 item to discuss at the Public Policy & Members meeting in one of the open
 mike sessions, or to submit to the suggestion process for discussion on
 the arin-consult mailing list <https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp>

 The last round of improvements to the LRSA (version 2.0) added several
 circumstances that result in pre-contract status quo, and additional
 ones could be added if the community wants such and the Board concurs.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN