Lightly used IP addresses

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Aug 14 15:05:44 UTC 2010

On Aug 13, 2010, at 8:01 PM, Randy Bush wrote:

>> Yet most of the bad ideas in the past 15 years have actually come from
>> the IETF (TLA's, no end site multihoming, RA religion), some of which
>> have actually been "fixed" by the RIR's.
>
> no, they were fixed within the ietf.  that's my blood you are taking
> about, and i know where and by whom it was spent.

I'm not sure what is meant by TLAs in this context, so, I'll leave that alone.

The lack of end-site multihoming (more specifically the lack of PI for
end-sites) was created by the IETF and resolved by the RIRs.
The beginning of resolving this was ARIN proposal 2002-3.

The RA religion still hasn't been solved.

Owen