Lightly used IP addresses

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Aug 14 05:06:55 UTC 2010

On Aug 14, 2010, at 1:00 AM, Jeffrey Lyon wrote:

> John,
>
> I have privately e-mailed you 5 x /18 and 3 x /19 that are being
> abused. If ARIN takes action against even one of these allocations I
> will commend you publicly. I'll go do the investigation for you if you
> need evidence.

I'm not seeking commendation, but thanks for the thought.  Whether action
will be taken will be based on the findings, and while many people are
indeed disappointed that we act less often than desired, I think folks
understand why we need to be rather cautious in this area.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN