Lightly used IP addresses

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Aug 13 19:43:11 UTC 2010

On Aug 13, 2010, at 1:55 PM, bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
>    could you provide 4 numbers for me please?
>
>     % of ARIN managed resource covered by standard RSA?
>     % of ARIN managed legacy resource covered by legacy RSA?
>     % of ARIN managed legacy resource not otherwise covered?
>     % of ARIN region entities (A & B above) that have offices/relationships
>      with other RIRs that have a divergent transfer process in place?

Bill -

  We'll work on generating these numbers to the extent
  possible for the upcoming meeting; back in April, I noted
  that we had about 21% of the legacy space (by total IP
  address count) under an LRSA (6%) or RSA (15%). For now,
  this is first order estimate for your second and third
  questions.   These numbers keep going up, so we'll need
  some work to generate current ones for the next meeting.
  Regarding the last one, that's very difficult to obtain;
  how do you see it impacting the overall outcome?

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN