Lightly used IP addresses
aaron at wholesaleinternet.net
Fri Aug 13 18:06:41 UTC 2010
On Aug 13, 2010, at 10:36 AM, John Levine wrote:
>> Discuss. :-)
> I don't entirely understand the process. Here's the flow chart as far
> as I've figured it out:
> 1. A sells a /20 of IPv4 space to B for, say, $5,000
> 2. A tells ARIN to transfer the chunk to B
> 3. ARIN says no, B hasn't shown that they need it
> 4. A and B say screw it, and B announces the space anyway
> 5. ???
6. ARIN receives a fraud/abuse complaint that A's space is being used
7. ARIN discovers that A is no longer using the space in accordance
with their RSA
8. ARIN reclaims the space and A and B are left to figure out who owes
what to whom.
You know I love you Owen. :)
9. A sues ARIN for tortuous contract interference.
10. B sues ARIN for same.
11. C and D join the law suit.
12. Judges step in.
13. ARIN gets mired in lawsuit after lawsuit
14. Dogs and cats start living together
More information about the NANOG