Springnet Underground

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Thu Aug 12 19:43:43 UTC 2010

Does anyone have any experience with the Springnet Underground in
Springfield, MO?

In case people don't know it's a working limestone mine.  In the areas
that have already been mined close to the entrance, they've sold or
rented out space between the rock pillars that hold up the mine roof.
The city of Springfield put in a data center and started selling
services out of it that complimented their city-wide fiber plant.

They've been suggested as a site for hosting a cabinet full of gear.
I'm wondering what the connectivity options are for that facility and so
far haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone.  For the
most part it looks like the SprintNet folks want to sell you their own
upstream which won't cut it for our needs.  AT&T serves the area of
course but I will not have them as my last mile (or any mile for that
matter).  Does L3 or any other large carrier have facilities there?
Does anyone have any experience with the facility in general?

Thanks
  Justin