IPv6 Server Load Balancing - DSR

Leland Vandervort leland at taranta.discpro.org
Thu Aug 12 13:22:14 UTC 2010

On 12 Aug 2010, at 15:19, Xavier Beaudouin wrote:

>> In the case of ILB, I'm not convinced that it's a problem with the LB itself, but rather the idiosyncrasies of ND in IPv6 that is causing the problem.. but I may be wrong... at any rate, something's amiss ...
>
> Maybe on some setup you should desactivate ND...

Yea.. well. .that's the point... can't deactivate ND on the real interface of the server as that's required for the server itself.. but it, according to the kernel, deactivated on the dummy interface carrying the virtual IP of the server farm...  exactly as is done for IPv4 and ARP manipulation.

Hmmmmm...

L.