off-topic: summary on Internet traffic growth History

Jeffrey S. Young young at jsyoung.net
Thu Aug 12 01:05:19 UTC 2010

BIPP was sold to C&W where it continued to use MCI transmission and facilities.  In November 2000, C&W had rebuilt it on their own facilities (just a bit larger).  Quite soon after the completion of the new network in 2000, C&W marketing was forecasting the need for a network that was ten times the size of their current backbone (the new network was four times the size of the original iMCI).  C&W was chapter 7 within 12 months.  BTW:  C&W sued Worldcom and won a $250M settlement on the basis that MCI had hidden the iMCI sales and marketing team in the sale.
  The assets of C&W were sold to Savvis.

jy