Cost of transit and options in APAC

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Wed Aug 11 21:03:34 UTC 2010

On 11 Aug 10, at 2:53 PM, Joel Jaeggli wrote:

> I think the question is more like why am I being quoted $100 A megabit
> in India for transit in India? Not why am I being charged for for the
> transport cost across the pacific.

Obviously I can't speak for the providers in question, but I'd guess that the cost for transit in AP is strongly related to the cost of long-haul transport.  Once upon a time, the majority of Internet traffic in AP countries *did* originate in the US.  Does anybody have data that this is changing?

Cheers,
-Benson