Google wants your Internet to be faster

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Aug 10 21:57:19 UTC 2010

> From: Joseph Jackson <jjackson at aninetworks.net>
> Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:42:43 -0700

VPNs are very handy for this, but it is worth remembering that it is not
free. All of the traffic has to traverse the network to the VPN box and
then to the client. This can hit congestion issues, but always increases
RTT and that can be a real pain.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)