off-topic: historical query concerning the Internet bubble

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:45:05 UTC 2010

BTW, in the context of Andrew's paper (very interesting indeed) I
believe that one of the issues is that many executives took that
"spurt growth" I was referring to in my previous message, as organic
growth and used it to make unrealistic projections which in turn led
to unrealistic valuations, and so on.

In some cases we "wasted" tons of money over building capacity,
particularly during the datacenter frenzy, later to find that we had a
lot of empty hi-tech real state.

I like how you characterized the investment waste in your paper.

Regards
Jorge