Question of privacy with reassigned resources

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Thu Aug 5 13:23:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 9:17 AM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 08:58:48 EDT, William Herrin said:
>
>> It takes some creative reading to think I claimed using an alternate
>> but still correct address (e.g. supplied by mailboxes etc.)
>> constituted fraud. Alternate != redacted.
>
> Right.  The point is that by the same "what is the personal gain" standard, it
> isn't obvious that redacted == fraud by definition.

What personal gain standard? I certainly didn't advocate one, and I
don't find anything like that in ARIN's rules. As far as I can tell,
anyone can pick an alternate postal address, a hotmail email address
and a vonage phone number for their SWIP information if they so
choose, quite regardless of whether any personal gain is involved.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004