Edu versus Speakeasy Speedtest

Bret Clark bclark at spectraaccess.com
Fri Apr 30 13:01:23 UTC 2010

Jeff wrote:

> The problem is the Faculty^Wusers are smart, but not experienced in
> networking, so they buy into the marketing and eye candy of the speed
> dials on the Speakeasy and assorted speed testing tool sites.
Not just them, we are constantly dealing with our new HS users who go to
those sites then call us to complain that they are not getting the speed
they are suppose to get...ugh! It's like clock work, a new circuit goes
in and a few hours later we're getting the old "I went to
Speakeasy...blah blah blah"!

Bret