Terry Childs conviction

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Apr 30 02:27:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010, William Pitcock wrote:

> Same difference, he still committed a crime and anyone who is defending
> him seems to not understand this.  Whatever we want to call that crime,
> it's still a crime, and he got the appropriate penalty.

Hi William.  I have to agree that it does seem he committed an offence but
we will have to agree to disagree on the penalty.  Two years (or more) in
jail for withholding a password for one week seems disproportionate to me.
I wonder how expensive the trial was.

Rob

Email: robert at timetraveller.org
IRC: Solver
Web: http://www.practicalsysadmin.com
Open Source: The revolution that silently changed the world