Terry Childs conviction

William Pitcock nenolod at systeminplace.net
Thu Apr 29 21:47:02 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-29 at 15:11 -0500, Olsen, Jason wrote:
> I'm a bit surprised that after the furor here on NANOG when the story
> first broke (in 2008) that there's been no discussion about the recent
> outcome of his trial (convicted, one count of felony network tampering).

Surely even at DeVry they teach that if you refuse to hand over
passwords for property that is not legally yours, that you are
committing a crime.  I mean, think about it, it's effectively theft, in
the same sense that if you refuse to hand over the keys for a car that
you don't own, you're committing theft of an automobile.

I fail to see the operational relevance to this conviction; it's basic
common sense.

William