DDoS mitigation services from SPs

William McCall william.mccall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:09:23 UTC 2010

All:

I did some searching and have not found any concrete replies on the
list, but what carriers can offer L3 DDoS mitigation? Specifically, I
noticed an old UUnet offering, but it seems like I must be speaking
the wrong language to my sales drones. Specifically, we're dealing
with AT&T, Qwest and Verizon Business. My thought is that they all
offered some type of service like this, but my security folks have
been driving this and having limited success.

Names of other SPs (we're looking at Verisign) is helpful, but we are
stuck with the Dallas area.

Note: I am not interested in changing DNS records and prefixes should
be able to be advertised through BGP like normal. (Apparently, people
like to do funky DNS stuff to make this work and sometimes don't want
to do BGP in other scenarios.)

Thanks in advance,

--
William McCall