[Nanog] Re: IPv6 rDNS - how will it be done?

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Wed Apr 28 01:19:13 UTC 2010

On 2010.04.27 21:00, David Conrad wrote:
> On Apr 27, 2010, at 5:47 PM, Jason 'XenoPhage' Frisvold wrote:
>> On Apr 27, 2010, at 8:42 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
>>> Windows will just populate the reverse zone as needed, if you let
>>> it, using dynamic update.  If you have properly deployed BCP 39
>>> and have anti-spoofing ingres filtering then you can just let any
>>> address from the /48 add/remove PTR records.  Other OS's will
>>> follow suite.
>>
>> Is DDNS really considered to be the end-all answer for this?
>
> Seems it is that or not bothering with reverse anymore.

There are other solutions, which has become a major focus of mine based
on some of the results I've gathered from my little test.

About 50% (currently 50.59%) of all successful visits to my site do not
have rDNS configured for their IPv6...

That is a problem that needs a solution.

The OP has a great question here.

Steve