Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

Steve Bertrand steve at ipv6canada.com
Tue Apr 27 00:29:31 UTC 2010

On 2010.04.23 02:50, Steve Bertrand wrote:

> http://onlyv6.com

> All findings will be publicly posted.

I'm currently evaluating my options to best automate some of the
findings that I've got so far (I didn't ask for a common format for
replies, so most will be manual).

However, an interesting item that I've noted thus far, is that ~50% of
all successful connections do not have rDNS.

Originally, I thought that the majority of these simply didn't have
their delegated reverse zones on v6-reachable DNS servers, but this is
not necessarily so.

I copied the web log onto a dual-stack box and re-ran the DNS tests, and
only two of the non-resolvable ip6.arpa addresses resolved over v4.

fwiw, for those who have been asking, inbound SMTP is now working, and
I've got a basic IMAP/POP3 daemon running. If you still want a test
account, let me know.

steve at onlyv6.com

Thanks everyone for all of the support.

Cheers,