iabelle francois

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Tue Apr 27 20:56:37 UTC 2010

Ted Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 23:22 -0400, Eric Carroll wrote:
>> On 10-04-21 06:59 PM, Jeroen van Aart wrote:
>>> The url redirects to a Canadian med site.
>> Just FYI, it's not a real Canadian med site. It is high probability
>> not
>> even Canadian.
>
> Posting so many URLs which either are or should be listed in domain
> block lists to a list with as many subscribers as this is probably not
> wise. I'm guessing you just caused a wonderful bounce storm as the NANOG
> servers attempted to send that out, depending of course on how many
> people whitelist NANOG to URI filtering.

I would say one has their spamfilter configured incorrectly if such
emails would be rejected and it should prompt an immediate fix.

The mailinglist should ideally be whitelisted. In addition if you use
content scanning (in almost all cases a bad idea, see:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8528672.stm ) your scanners ought
to be trained well enough to figure out the email is not spam.

Regards,
Jeroen

--
http://goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/