Starting up a WiMAX ISP

Charles Bronson packetgeek at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 15:43:47 UTC 2010

I have received a few responses along this line and figured I would pick one and answer all of them.

To determine if it is financial sustainable, I will take the information on design and implementation to create a configuration. This will let me establish the fixed and recurring costs required to set up the core and then incremental costs (fixed hardware and recurring leases) per broadcast area. Then I can calculate how many customers I will need per broadcast area to bring up a broadcast site. This will give me general startup costs and let me build a customer count / biling rate table. Once I have those numbers I can beat the pavement and find out what people will pay for my service and then I will know based on my table if there is a snowball's chance in hell of this working.

 Charles Bronson