Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Fri Apr 23 17:08:30 UTC 2010

On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 02:45:05 +1000, Mark Andrews said:

> Given I've been running dual stack nameservers for the last 7 years
> and never noticed any real problems I expect his problems are actually
> closer to home.

No, the problems are probably further back in time. We first started turning up
IPv6 back in 1997 or so.  There's a *very* good chance that we turned it off a
decade ago (or whenever people *first* started listing quad-A's in NS entries)
due to breakage and never actually revisited it since then.  This would have
been in the era of early 6bone and "your IPv6 connection is probably tromboned
through Tokyo".