Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Fri Apr 23 16:56:44 UTC 2010

On 4/23/10 10:47 AM, Jared Mauch wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2010, at 12:45 PM, Mark Andrews wrote:
>
>> Given I've been running dual stack nameservers for the last 7 years
>> and never noticed any real problems I expect his problems are actually
>> closer to home.
>>
>> Mark
>
> I mirror this experience, I've not seen any issues having the nameservers dual-stacked.
>
> - Jared

Don't quite remember when I started going dual stack on the server side
of things, I think it was back in 2006 or 2007.    I even have AHBL
queries coming in over IPv6 now - of course they are for IPv4 hosts, but
thats not the point.  :-)

Whats even more interesting, is that on my primary name server, people
are sending ICMP echos to my IPv6 address on a fairly consistent basis,
making me wonder if someone's using it for testing purposes.  If so,
makes me happy :)

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org