Connectivity to an IPv6-only site

Steve Bertrand steve at ibctech.ca
Fri Apr 23 07:41:15 UTC 2010

On 2010.04.23 03:28, Mohacsi Janos wrote:
> Hi,
>     What is your method to discover  who cannot connect to your webserver?

No. It's not *who* but *why*.

This is a personal research project. I'm trying to identify where
breakage happens when trying to connect to an IPv6-only network.

There are so many places within the Internet that this could happen, I
just thought that I'd test it for myself, and then try to attract
traffic to the site from across the globe so I could identify edge-cases
that I hadn't thought about.

This blog post describes the basics of why most sites won't be able to
traverse the IPv6 network, even if they are v6 enabled locally:

http://ipv6canada.com/?p=92

I'd be glad to get into much deeper detail than this... I'm just a bit
caught up at 0400 hrs est when I need to be up in two hours. Reminds me
a bit of the ARIN meeting ;)

Keep the feedback coming...please.

Steve

ps. During the time I was setting up this test case, I somehow broke my
email server (even though that is a completely different box), so some
of my email isn't going out (from what I can tell, this might have
included some that were destined for someone on the ARIN BoT. If you
have seen weird gaps in conversation, this is likely why).