Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

Franck Martin franck at genius.com
Wed Apr 21 04:53:37 UTC 2010

Why don't they use IPv6 instead of uPnP?

They control the consumer box (and PS3, XBOX, .... are not cheap boxes) and they control the gaming servers.

Look at the feature back to my mac., it opens when possible an IPv6 over IPv4 toredo tunnel, so that apple servers can easily contact back the desktop. If not possible it falls back to NAT traversal with IPv4...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/08/19/apples_secret_back_to_my_mac_push_behind_ipv6.html
http://collison.ie/blog/2008/12/leopard-and-back-to-my-mac-tunnels