IPV4 and IPV6 question

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Apr 20 20:02:07 UTC 2010

You're literally talking about modifying code on every computer, router, printer,
and other device with an IP address as well as updating every application,
routing protocol, etc. Pretty much the same set of requirements for deploying
IPv6, but, with IPv6, we've at least already done the code on most computers
and routers.

To me, it sounds like the same effort as deploying IPv6, but, without gaining
as many bits and without having the advantage of the progress we have
already made in IPv6.

Owen