Niksun Probe

Joel M Snyder Joel.Snyder at Opus1.COM
Mon Apr 19 21:23:22 UTC 2010

> Looking for information on a Niksun probe, http://www.niksun.com/.
> Anyone have any experience, good or bad with them?

If you're looking at Niksun, you should look at NetWitness and Solera
instead.

My perception based on their presence in the market is that Niksun is on
the way to oblivion, while Solera and NetWitness are the two hot new
companies in this space.  NetWitness seems to be better on the analysis
side, with sucky capture facilities; Solera seems to be a lot better on
the capture side of the house, but is less advanced in the analysis.

I have also had a briefing from Endace, down in Kiwi-land.  They seem to
think they are the bees knees when it comes to capture, but have a
really confused message about where they are trying to go with that
data.  Lots of buzzwords, but I don't think they really understand the
dimensions of the problem that they are adding.  But if you just want
capture, Endace might be a good solution.

jms

--
Joel M Snyder, 1404 East Lind Road, Tucson, AZ, 85719
Senior Partner, Opus One       Phone: +1 520 324 0494