Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Apr 19 16:10:59 UTC 2010

Don't forget the home gateway aspect -- it's a huge gaping hole in the IPv6
deployment strategy for ISPs.  And don't talk to me about Apple's Airport
Extreme.  ISPs want (once the volume of IETF IPv6-related drafts has settled
down) for every router at Wal-mart to include IPv6 support.  If they start
right now and presume that home gateways/routers are replaced every 3 to 5
years, it will be several years before they've covered even 50% of the
homes.

Frank