Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Apr 19 11:05:54 UTC 2010

On Sun, 18 Apr 2010, joel jaeggli wrote:

> Just because the curve doesn't look steep enough now doesn't mean it won't in
> two years. Human behavior is hard to model and panic hasn't set in yet.

It's just that I'm in Thailand right now and I am bitter about how lousy
the Internet works here, and I have a hard time seeing any development of
high quality end user IPv6 connectivity here anytime soon. That's why my
"halfway there" is coming from. I hope I'm wrong, and it might help if
residential equipment gets IPv6 capability because a lot of the Internet
equipment here seems to be of that calibre (probably because of price
point).

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se