Rate of growth on IPv6 not fast enough?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Mon Apr 19 04:56:43 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010, Franck Martin wrote:

> Anybody has better projections? What's the plan?

My guess is that end user access will be more and more NAT444:ed (CGN)
while at the same time end users will get more and more IPv6 access (of
all types), and over a period of time more and more of the p2p traffic
(VoIP, file transfers etc) will move to IPv6 because it'll stop working
over IPv4. When enough users have IPv6 access the server-based content
will be made reachable over v6 as well.

The transition will take at least 5 years, I guess in 2015 we'll be
perhaps halfway there.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se