Senderbase is offbase, need some help

gordon b slater gordslater at ieee.org
Sun Apr 18 17:15:18 UTC 2010

On Sat, 2010-04-17 at 16:45 -0400, William Herrin wrote:

> Interesting; I see similar results for my address space. Two
> addresses, one of which hasn't been attached to a machine for a decade
> and the other a virtual IP on a web server where the particular IP
> never emits connections. Magnitude's only "0.48" for both but still,
> they shouldn't even appear.

Yep, same here, at two seperate sites. It's in the "reserved for extreme
emergencies" zone at the top of each assigned block. As per house
practice it is tcpdumped 24/7, and has been for the last 4 years. Zero
traffic from it at the perimiter.

Go figure.

Gord
--
Order of Magnitude delayed due to lack of stock, please call Despatch