DSL "aggregation".... NO

Bill Stewart nonobvious at gmail.com
Fri Apr 16 00:50:03 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Bill Lewis <blewis at hottopic.com> wrote:
> Group,
>
> Since I'm told that DSL aggregation / mux is currently not possible, we
> are looking at doing stream splitting via a technology like FatPipe
> uses. Anyone have this in production usage? Or something similar?

It depends very much on what your traffic looks like, and what you're
trying to accomplish.
If you're trying to build a pipe from Point A to Point B, and are
really picky about how balanced it is (in spite of it being ADSL),
then maybe you need something fancy on each end, whether that's
FatPipe or Fancy BSD Tricks.
If you're mainly fetching web traffic from the public Internet, then
all you really need to do is spread out your queries between the DSL
lines, using NAT to make sure each query goes back to the DSL that
sent it, and that'll be close enough.
If you're trying to balance inbound re
----
             Thanks;     Bill

Note that this isn't my regular email account - It's still experimental so far.
And Google probably logs and indexes everything you send it.