Solar Flux

todd glassey tglassey at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 12:37:39 UTC 2010

On 4/11/2010 10:04 AM, Joel M Snyder wrote:

SNIP

> On the other hand, another effect of solar flares is UV radiation, so a
> good pair of sunglasses and some high-SPF sunblock would be good to
> have, plus make you look less like a nerd.  Unless you use that zinc
> stuff on your nose, in which case you look more like a nerd.  YMMV.
>
> jms

Joel, one of my partners kid's collects Barbie dolls and since the new
Barbie is "geek girl" or "Engineer Barbie" the idea that being a geek is
offensive may have finally been put to death as it should have 20 years ago.

http://www.chipchick.com/2010/02/computer-engineer-barbie.html

Todd Glassey