ARIN IP6 policy for those with legacy IP4 Space

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Mon Apr 12 05:24:11 UTC 2010

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 7:08 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2010, at 3:20 PM, David Conrad wrote:
>> When most of the legacy space was handed out, there
>>were no restrictions on what you could do/not do with
>>address space simply because no one considered it necessary.
>
>  I don't think I can agree with that statement, but for sake of clarity -
>  when do you think this "no restriction" period actually occurred?

John,

What restrictions do you believe were imposed on someone requesting a
class-C between 4/93 and 9/94 who did not intend to connect to MILNET
or NSFNET?

For your reference, here's the form then active:
http://bill.herrin.us/network/templates/199304-internet-number-template.txt

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004