FCC dealt major blow in net neutrality ruling favoring Comcast

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Fri Apr 9 23:34:20 UTC 2010

On 4/9/2010 16:22, joe mcguckin wrote:
> Let me see if I understand this correctly.
>
> People are defending the FCC?

After looking at who they elect, why does that surprise?

> The same FCC that ruled that any data service over 200Kbits was broadband, not "Information Service" and thus came under the purview of
> the FBI and CALEA - directly contravening the language and intent of the CALEA act?
>
> Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is just your enemy.

The calculus is really simpler.

Somebody famous should have said (or maybe Ronald Reagan _did_ say:
"Government is not the solution to the problem.  Government IS the problem."

--
Somebody should have said:
A democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting
the vote.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca