FCC dealt major blow in net neutrality ruling favoring Comcast

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Fri Apr 9 22:51:25 UTC 2010

On Apr 9, 2010, at 5:22 PM, joe mcguckin wrote:

> Let me see if I understand this correctly.
>
> People are defending the FCC?
>
> The same FCC that ruled that any data service over 200Kbits was broadband, not "Information Service" and thus came under the purview of
> the FBI and CALEA - directly contravening the language and intent of the CALEA act?

Very specifically NOT the same FCC.  The FCC may retain the name, but the management, political bent, philosophies, and attitude are very different from the one that made that ruling.

That said, it is entirely possible this FCC would make the same ruling.  Doesn't change what I said above.

> Sometimes the enemy of your enemy is just your enemy.

Sometimes.  And sometimes he is neither, so it might be advantageous to work with him on the occasional project where your interest and his correlate well.

--
TTFN,
patrick