ARIN IP6 policy for those with legacy IP4 Space

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Fri Apr 9 17:50:32 UTC 2010

On Fri, 9 Apr 2010, William Herrin wrote:

> Last I heard, the FCC has access to people with law degrees not guns.
> Much like ARIN, really.

Oh really?  So if I start using a frequency that requires a license and I
don't have one, won't they tell me to stop?  And if I say no, I won't
stop, what happens then?  Will they never call the cops and have them show
up and forcibly shut down my equipment?  And if I try to defend my
equipment, will the cops not shoot me?

Sorry, all government policies are enforced by guns.

ARIN is not government, if I don't pay ARIN for my address space and keep
using it anyway, no cops will show up at my door.  Sure my upstreams may
decide to shut off my announcements, but a gun never gets involved.

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss