Behold - the Address-Yenta!

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Apr 8 22:46:34 UTC 2010

On Apr 8, 2010, at 3:51 PM, David Conrad wrote:
> Sure they are.  I personally know of several cases where addresses have been sold.  Right now, people have to go through a bunch of foo, creating dummy companies to hold the IP address assets, transferring the assets, selling the dummy companies, etc., but the end result is the same.

David -

Please report these events to: <https://www.arin.net/resources/fraud/index.html>:

"This reporting process is to be used to notify ARIN of suspected Internet number resource abuse including the submission of falsified utilization or organization information, unauthorized changes to data in ARIN's WHOIS, hijacking of number resources in ARIN's database, or fraudulent transfers."

We do investigate, and if we can determine falsified information was used
to effect a transfer, we will revert the transfer and/or initiate resource
review as appropriate.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO