ARIN IP6 policy for those with legacy IP4 Space

David Hubbard dhubbard at dino.hostasaurus.com
Thu Apr 8 15:07:05 UTC 2010

From: William Herrin [mailto:bill at herrin.us]

> It's like government services for the elderly. Though today many are a
> net drain on society, they've mostly earned their place with past
> action and it's the decent and charitable thing to do for the folks
> who created the possibility of the lives we enjoy today.

LOL!  I'm sure most legacy orgs are living on a fixed
income and just trying to get by; here I was not
even feeling sorry for them that they can't have some
free IPv6 allocations when they're just trying to survive.

ARIN's fees are hardly unreasonable, they need to stop
crying and join the rest of us that haven't had to
make their businesses work without the luxury of a
free handout.