Finding content in your job title

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Thu Apr 8 03:00:11 UTC 2010

On 4/7/2010 17:45, Gregory Hicks wrote:

> Actually, it doesn't matter how much you make per hour, the deciding
> factor between exempt and non-exempt is how many (if any) people you
> SUPERVISE.  No supervision of others, then non-exempt.

I don't think that is correct.  "Professionals" do not supervise people
but if the substantial control their own activities and make above a
certain level in total compensation, they may be exempt.

> Now you and the employer may agree to some other definition, but that
> is between you and them.
>
> At my previous $DAY_JOB, a technicion who was classified as "exempt"
> took $EMPLOYER to court over back pay, overtime, lunch breaks, et al
> and WON.  (He had no direct reports...)

He probably failed the compensation test, or more likely, did not
control his own activities.

--
Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on the dinner menu.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs