XO Communications rDNS

Adam Rothschild asr+nanog at latency.net
Wed Apr 7 21:14:08 UTC 2010

On 2010-04-07-14:50:14, Jeroen van Aart <jeroen at mompl.net> wrote:
> I manage some IP space that's provided by an ISP but is "owned" by XO. I
> am trying to have rDNS configured but their contact email
> (ipadmin at eng.xo.com) in the whois does not grace me with a response (yet).
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to get this done or should I just not
> bother and live with it?

This would be submitted by the XO customer directly.  The "Business
Center" portal[1] is generally the best place to submit such change
requests, with follow-up correspondence by telephone, as necessary.

With that said, it would seem XO decided to stop maintaining PTR
records for backbone devices, instead opting for the more generic
'x.x.x.x.ptr.xo.net' (where x.x.x.x is an interface's IP address)
naming convention.

HTH,
-a

[1] https://bc.xo.com/Registration/Login.aspx