interop show network (was: legacy /8)

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Tue Apr 6 16:08:41 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:01:47PM -0400, Robert E. Seastrom wrote:

> Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > also, see previous 12 episodes of this conversation.. 1 /8 == ~3months
> > in ARIN allocation timeframes.
>
> 1 /8 at global IANA free pool runout time (which is the only
> reasonable way to think about it...) will buy us about 24 days on a
> global consumption basis...  assuming there isn't an end times land
> rush.
>
> -r

	so... just for grins, how do all those w/ bits leftover
	from their "overly generous" inital allocations (they forced
	me to take a /20 when all i really needed was a /28 multihomed)
	find partners who are willing to use the rest of those bits
	to get the delegation in question up to a comfortable 85% utilization?

	are you and Marty going to open up a matching service?
	co-op "match.com" or "e-harmony"?  craigslist?

--bill