interop show network (was: legacy /8)

Brandon Ross bross at pobox.com
Mon Apr 5 04:02:05 UTC 2010

On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Jeroen van Aart wrote:

> Someone in another thread mentioned interop show network. Which made me
> curious and I did a bit of searching. I found the following article from 2008
> about the interop show: http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/27583
>
> The show could setup an IPv6 only network in order to showcase it? That'd
> free up a /8.

Seriously?  You do realize that the InteropNet actually has to provide a real
service to the exhibitors and attendees of the show, right?  This year's
network will support v6, but a v6-only network is just not a practical way to
supply real network connectivity to customers, yet.

--
Brandon Ross                                              AIM:  BrandonNRoss
Director of Network Engineering                                ICQ:  2269442