Was a 1956 Video Phone User - "On the Internet" ?

John Sage jsage at finchhaven.com
Sun Apr 4 14:56:25 UTC 2010

Larry Sheldon wrote:
> On 4/4/2010 05:00, IPv3.com wrote:
>> Based on these ASCII notes...(c. 1995 cave paintings)...
>> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1775.txt
>>
>> Was a 1956 Video Phone User - "On the Internet" ?
>> http://www.porticus.org/bell/telephones-picturephone.html
>>
>> Is a 2010 HDTV (ATSC DLNA) viewer - "On the Internet" ?
>>
>> Note for IPv6 archeologists...Mobile Digital TV went with IPv4+Shim
>> http://www.atsc.org
>>
>> Funding of the so-called Eco-System (aka Idle Rich Society) also
>> appears to define "The Internet" in some circles. It appears 100+
>> people live off of Internet Fees for doing largely nothing. They of
>> course travel to explain why that structure is essential. Is it ?
>

> Are you sure you are on the right platform--sounds more like I would
> expect to hear in Amherst or Sproul hall.
>
> Or did you just forget to mention your point?
>
> To answer the question in the Subject: (the last time anything made
> sense to me in that message):
>
> No.  It was an experiment in the PANS branch of POTS (PSTN to some people).

The degree to which people subscribed to this list, apparently having
nothing better to do, will respond to a blatant troll is breathtaking.

Of course recent evidence shows quite clearly that [some] people
subscribed to this list, apparently having nothing better to do, will
respond to anything...

- John