Was a 1956 Video Phone User - "On the Internet" ?

Larry Sheldon LarrySheldon at cox.net
Sun Apr 4 14:45:44 UTC 2010

On 4/4/2010 05:00, IPv3.com wrote:
> Based on these ASCII notes...(c. 1995 cave paintings)...
> http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1775.txt
>
> Was a 1956 Video Phone User - "On the Internet" ?
> http://www.porticus.org/bell/telephones-picturephone.html
>
> Is a 2010 HDTV (ATSC DLNA) viewer - "On the Internet" ?
>
> Note for IPv6 archeologists...Mobile Digital TV went with IPv4+Shim
> http://www.atsc.org
>
> Funding of the so-called Eco-System (aka Idle Rich Society) also
> appears to define "The Internet" in some circles. It appears 100+
> people live off of Internet Fees for doing largely nothing. They of
> course travel to explain why that structure is essential. Is it ?

Are you sure you are on the right platform--sounds more like I would
expect to hear in Amherst or Sproul hall.

Or did you just forget to mention your point?

To answer the question in the Subject: (the last time anything made
sense to me in that message):

No.  It was an experiment in the PANS branch of POTS (PSTN to some people).

--
Democracy: Three wolves and a sheep voting on the dinner menu.

Requiescas in pace o email
Ex turpi causa non oritur actio
Eppure si rinfresca

ICBM Targeting Information:  http://tinyurl.com/4sqczs